Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Zooey

Have you watched New Girl with Zooey Deschanel? It is hilarious. And since there is no good TV on right now, I think I am having withdrawals. I have a total girl crush on Zooey - she is so cute and funny and quirky. Speaking of quirky, have you seen the SNL skits, "Bein' Quirky with Zooey Deschanel?!"



She rocks. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention... she's my THIRD COUSIN!!! Yep, that's right!! Me and Zooey (and her sis Emily of "Bones" fame) are blood relations... BLOOD!

"Stop saying 'blood' to strangers."**

Zooey and I have the same great great grandfather, William Andrew Kennedy. But his children - my great grandfather and her great grandmother were twins... so I think that makes us more like second and a half cousins. And if I ever meet her, I will inform her of this fact. And then she will ask me to be best friends with her and we will turn our beds in to bunk beds so we can have so much extra room to do activities!

Now that I sound like a crazy, I feel like I should prove it. Here is a Christmas Newsletter my Dad found among my grandmother's things:


Here is my favorite New Girl quote; when I knew that Zooey and I were destined to be BFF:

"I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children, and I find it fundamentally strange that you're, 'not a dessert person.' That's just weird, and it freaks me out... and I hate your pantsuit; I wish is had ribbons on it or something to make it just slightly cuter. And that doesn't mean I'm not smart or tough or strong... I'm almost done. I'm about to go pay this $800 fine, and my checks have baby farm animals on them. Bitch."

Now I know where my fun, cute and quirky personality comes from ;) Chad did actually tell me that she reminded him of me, and this was before we found out about about being related. Anyway, Zooey, if you're reading this - CALL ME, let's hang out!!


**10 cool points if you got this Friend's reference from "The One with all the Cheesecakes" when Ross and Monica are at their cousin, Frannie's, wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment