Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th Be With You

The title has nothing to do with what I am writing about... I just think it's funny and it reminds me of last year when I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my little CCB IV. Yep, he's the fourth born on the fourth (of June) at 4:38 pm. Chad asks me why I couldn't have just kept him in there for 6 more minutes?! Ha - he's joking, of course, but it would have been awesome.

So I have been trying to do some good deeds. Well, I guess I have actually been planning to do good deeds, and I probably shouldn't claim them until I have actually done them. But here's the thing -  it makes me feel like a really good person and it only takes about 4.6 seconds for me to get SMUG about it. Self, seriously? Are small things important for people to do? Absolutely. Is my small little deed just make me such a better person? No.

But then I feel like my haughty attitude cancels out the good I was trying to do. I am really bad at being humble, I guess. How do you take lessons in humility? I don't dare ask God for that because I know He will certainly show me how humble I should be and I am very much sure I do not want to know :)

It's like Joey told Phoebe - there is no self-less good deed because you always get something out of it - even if it's just a feeling. C'est la vie. Life lessons from Joey Tribbiani.

*Update: about four minutes after I wrote this post, my smugness got squashed. I am not lying. Thanks for coming through there, Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment